Monday, November 10, 2008

The Biggest Films of 2009

Last week, my fellow movie blogger Head Hero wrote this post about movietickets.com’s top ten most anticipated films of 2009. Like him I was very surprised that the list seemed to miss out some pretty big titles while including the latest Ice Age film. I know family films do well these days but I’m pretty sure something has gone wrong with that list.

Fortunately Michael Moran at The Times has also had a look at what is coming up next year and come up with 'The 50 Biggest Films of 2009'. This list makes much more sense, with Harry Potter at number 1 followed by Public Enemies, Star Trek, Watchmen and X Men Origins: Wolverine.

Now I can only hope and pray that Harry Potter will do well enough to beat Mamma Mia's current box office record so, by this time next year, I won't feel quite so ashamed.

2 comments:

Head Hero said...

Wow, you found a way better list than I did.
Mamma Mia is going to haunt you forever, isn't it?

Matt said...

I'm very upset about it!