Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer Season

As you can tell by my previous post, I went to see I Love You Man this weekend. For me this feels like the start of the summer movie season with a load of blockbusters about to hit our screens in the next few months.

So for anyone who’s interested, here’s a list of the films I’m looking forward to the most in the next few months (in chronological order) -

Wolverine
Star Trek
Terminator Salvation
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Public Enemies
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Inglorious Basterds

OK, I get that there aren’t any small independent movies in that list but as it’s the summer season I think I’m allowed to drool over big budget blockbusters without the guilt. Plus the small movies tend to pop up rather than have months of marketing build up.

However, if you’re aware of any hidden gems that are coming up I’d love to hear about them. Or if you just think there’s a blockbuster or two that I’ve overlooked.

1 comment:

Head Hero said...

Those movies are great! Other films that might be interesting are: Angels and Demons, The Hangover, Up, Bruno, G.I. Joe and 500 Days of Summer (as well as previous mentioned Funny People).

I love summer time!