Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Straw Men

It says here that Benderspink, the production-management company run by Chris Bender and JC Spink have picked up the rights to Michael Marshall’s book The Straw Men.

Michael Marshall is one of my favourite authors and while I prefer his earlier, more sci-fi books, the Straw Men series is probably the only story that will transfer to the big screen.

The first and third books in the series are good but, from what I remember, the second one was a bit poor so I’m hoping they’ll do something good with it when transferring the story to film.

If you are ever looking for some really crazy and quite disturbing books, I can highly recommend some of Marshall’s work. Only Forwards, Spares (both as Michael Marshall Smith) and The Intruders are my personal favourites. But be warned, they will mess with your head.

Then, if after reading those you have the stomach for it, check out What You Make It, one of his collections of short stories.

No comments: